Monday, November 21, 2005

Double Weekend


The chicago cross race on saturday was rough. I only raced b's, because I had to get back for the wca banquet. Aaron slipped off the front and no one chased. So, it was a win for team wisconsin. I ended sprinting for 2nd with a Joe farris never heard of him. I got cocky and went to early into the win and he nipped me at the line.
Sunday was the wisconsin state title race. I had the jrs race first. Which was a little bit harder then it normally is. I went hard from the start trying to gap everyone and then ease up and rest for the senoirs race. I ended up getting a 30 second lead and held it there for the rest of the race. Another State jersey YEAH! The B race was Extremely tough. There was an alan guy from out of state who pushed the pace super hard from the start. Jack Hirt and myself were the only ones who got lucky and were able to bridge up. By Mid race we had a 45 second gap. I was hanging on for dear life. Not wanting jack to win the overall or the state title. Gasping for air I finally popped with half a lap to go.... Jack won the jersey, but all was not lost. I stopped a foot before the line so tom got 3rd and myself 4th. So Tom should win the overall by 5 points. I got an earfull from some of jacks friends his "goons" as I call them now haha. They weren't to happy about the move I pulled stopping before the line, but thats team work you gotta do what you gotta do to win.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Mountaingoat said...

Darn right. Screw them. Nice job out there this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home