Sunday, October 02, 2005

cross #1



Yo today was the first cross race of the year. I was excited at the jrs race in the morning Kip and aaron were there so I knew it would be a tough race. They have some weird rule with cross racing ages so aaron and kip got kicked out of the race. So, it was me vs a bunch of 14 year olds. I just kinda hung out and cruised around saving it for the b's race. Wow I won musta been my lucky #4 plate. Cole wasn't there so I get to ride around with it for another week. YAY!
The b's race was cool I easily made the group barely even trying sitting 3rd or 4th wheel. I went to the front and picked up the pace. Narrowing it down to a lead group of 4 or 5. I knew some of the guys were quick starters and would drop off pretty quick. Within a lap it was Kip Spaude, Ron, Bender, and myself. I started to struggle and imediatly knew something was wrong I fell off the lead group just as aaron caught on. I look down and I see my rear tire sagging. Race over....
I'm kinda bummed, but overall I'm happy I was quick on my remounts which is something I struggled with last year. 2 weeks to the next race. Hopefully a new set of tires and some slime tubes will help keep me from flatting.

2 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Cole House said...

dude get rid of your super light tires and get some normal ones and you wont get flats...o yeh and fatten them up a bit get some 36s or something

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Matt Brandt said...

yea im getting slimed tubes later this week. So, it'll be ready for the next cross race. Wanna let me keep you're number plate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home