Monday, October 10, 2005

Sheboygan

Well....
For the first mile and a half or so I thought I had a decent shot at a good finish. I had a good start for once. I was inbetween Jeremey and Bender sitting pretty good just soft pedaling the first mile. Coming into Napoliens jump #40 Justin Salzmen I think is his name tried to pass me as we went off the jump, and twisted my bar in mid air causing me to crash. Some people are incredibly dumb screwing someone's race over just to gain 1 spot. Needless to say I lost at least 20 spots. I just said whatever and decided to immediately get into a rhythm instead of joining up in the first lap rush for position. Several more people passed me, but coming into the end of the 1st lap I started to gain a lot on people picking 10-15 people off in half a lap. Coming up the gravel climb I stood up. I was powering up it just flying when all of a sudden I hear a clunk I slam forward on my bike racking both my knees into the bar. I just sat there for a while, but sometimes good things happen when you just sit and watch. My buddy #40 dropped his chain up the climb the next lap through racking himself in literally the same spot I did. After having a nice point and laugh. I picked myself up and rode back to get changed.

Needless to say my bike is on ebay. So if you know anyone who would be interested in buying it forward them the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7188713465&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home