Sunday, October 30, 2005

Washington park cyclo

Well I took the jrs pretty easy just working on getting to know the course I bunny hopped a 3 set of barriars up the hill pretty tough I think I was the only person who was able to do it.


The b's were pretty tough really flat so a big group of 10 or so stayed together for the first half the race. I picked up the pace for a lap or so, but i decided to sit up and relax for a bit. A rider from albertos picked up the pace he was super strong but made the mistake of pulling the whole race. The lead group kept getting smaller and smaller. From 10 to 7 to 5 then to 4. With a lap and a half to go a touch of wheels going into the barrairs sent myself and another rider sprawling to the ground. I was pissed my saddle was sideways, bars twisted, spokes bent, brakes rubbing and my chain was off. I just hopped back on and pedaled as hard as I could. I barely bridged back on with less than a lap to go. The other guy that crashed never made it back. With half a lap to go Damon Rinard put a daring attack in before the last set of barriars. Tom was on his wheel instantly. I was behind the Albertoes guy who was totally blown. I flew around him and bridged up to Damon, meanwhile bender attacked damon and got a pretty good gap I sat on damon until the road section then attacked him hard. Instantly I was gone, shifted down to the 12 and hammered across the gap to Tom. I latched on his wheel at the end of the pavement, rite before the downhill 200 meter downhill grass section to the finish. I went way wide on the corner which cost me a bit but I had just enough time at the end to grab the win by a couple inches.
Another Team Wisconsin 1,2


1 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

wach out peter pan is behind u

 

Post a Comment

<< Home