Monday, October 17, 2005


Cross race sunday was awsome. Very twisty, technical course with a sand run across a volley ball court and a log run up. I easily won the jrs just kinda screwing around saving all my energy for the catigory B race. I won a pedro bike clean kit for my hard efforts. Who knows maybe i'll clean my bike once in a while now.
The b's race was awsome my plan going into it was to shred the field for Tom and Aaron. I got the hole shot and went to work right away with setting a hard pace. I let it all hang out around the corners never touching the breaks. Through the downhill section I gained maybe 100 yards so I just kept riding. Reeling me back was a group of 3 including Tom, Jack Hirt I think, and Kip Spaude. Tom went to the front and set the pace for most of the race. He got a gap on one of the run ups and I went straight to the front and rode a false tempo on the open section then rode super slow through the tight sections. In less than a mile Tom got a 30 second gap. Jack finally relized what I was doing and tried to bridge the gap. I just sat on his wheel for the last lap and a half. He closed it down to 20 seconds, but wasn't able to get across with half a lap to go it was just Jack and I. Kip falling off on one of the hills. It was a uphill road sprint into the wind with a section off grass right before the line. I attacked him 300 yards out or so and he got on my wheel. I pushed hard I went a lil early but ended up beating him by 6 inches or so. So team wisconsin ended up 1,2 again with aaron crashing in the first laps and ending up 6th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home